The Wakenda Cemetery is located on 144th Street approximately 7 miles north of the City of Hardin. The Wakenda Cemetery traces its beginning to 1895 when David B. Bowman donated land for a church and cemetery.
The Wakenda Cemetery has a 4 member Board of Directors. The Board tends to all business and care of the cemetery.
President: Wayne Wheeler
Vice President: Kenny Layman
Secretary/Treasurer: Kent Wheeler
Grave Marker: Darin Wheeler
Please send donations to the Wakenda Board Treasurer:
47727 E. 144th Street
Hardin, MO 64035