The Lavelock Cemetery is located on Route A, 2.5 miles north of the City of Hardin. There is a large sign at the entrance on the east side of Route A but the cemetery is loacted a distance from the road. The Lavelock Cemetery traces its beginning to 1845 when Mr. And Mrs. John W. Morris donated three acres of land for a church and cemetery. In 1870, George Morris and wife made a second deed for the ground when an entire new directorate board was elected for the cemetery.
The Lavelock Cemetery has a 6 member Board of Directors:
President: Raymond King
Vice President: Clifton White, Jr.
Secretary: Donald Davidson
Treasurer: Dianne McGuire
Member: Allen Summers
Member: Chris McGuire
Please send donations to the Lavelock Board Treasurer:
48233 E. 132nd Street
Hardin, MO 64035